The eSMART series HMI, as any other Exor HMI, integrate the tap-tap procedure that provide access to System Settings menu.
System Settings has several operating modes:
- Main OS Mode: allow to configure system parameters and update Config OS area
- Config OS Mode: can be accessed also when panel is facing a software failure and allow to update Main OS area
- Default Mode: can be accessed also when panel is facing a software failure and allow to edit the Startup Sequence and delete the Runtime (like Restore Factory Settings or Format Flash)
- Calibration Mode: allow to calibrate touch screen interface
To enter Calibration Mode
- Use the “tap-tap” procedure at boot. This procedure consists of tapping the surface of the touchscreen during the device power-up phase. Tapping frequency must be high. You must start tapping the touchscreen as soon as power has been applied to the device.
- When the sequence has been recognized, the system shows the message: “TAP-TAP DETECTED”. Release touch and wait for a few seconds until the message “ENTERING SYSTEM SETTINGS” appears.
- Press on touch screen, the “Touchscreen calibration” choice will be highlighted in yellow, hold pressed for few seconds until touchscreen calibration procedure starts.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the calibration procedure, system will prompt to touch specific points to calibrate the touchscreen device.
Please see attached procedure for more details: